Comprehensive consulting services from the conceptual to the detailed design
A key project development challenge is to design a power plant that is optimally balanced in terms of cost and performance for a specific site.
Engineering, drafting, and associated services – including their supervision – are performed in connection with process designs, architectural, civil, electrical, instrument, mechanical, and structural engineering.
The scope of these services may include, but is not necessarily limited to:
- Furnishing design studies and detailed calculations
- Preparing preliminary plans and sketches
- Updating customer P&ID’
- Maintaining the customer’s engineering drawing system
- Doing required field measurements and checking
- Preparing final plans and specifications, including shop detail sketches
- Reviewing construction contractor’s shop drawings and interpreting plans and specifications
- Ensuring quality assurance is achieved
- Submitting pre-defined periodic reports to you regarding the progress of project assignments.
Starting from a conceptual design, suitable for implementation at onshore or offshore facilities, the main solutions in this field include:
- Main and auxiliary systems’ design and sizing (PFD and P&IDs)
- Equipment selection and sizing, especially with reference to thermal conversion into power (equipment lists, data sheets, specifications etc.)
- Site layout
- Structural calculations and drawings
- Electrical systems’ design for successful power gathering and exporting to the grid system, including substation, transmission and interconnection lines
- Design of the site’s access roads, as well as any foundation and landscaping requirements.
Such activities are performed from the basic level to the detailed design, all the way up to the shop drawing, by employing the most advanced 3D software (Intergraph Smartplant 3D, AVEVA PDMS, etc.) integrated with common calculation tools (GT Strudl, Caesar II, Rohr 2, etc.).
HENSTE has decades of experience in the design of power generation plants, from the revamping of smaller units to the development of large integrated grassroot complexes.
We have been involved in over 300 power projects worldwide, with an installed capacity greater than 60 GW.
Our team promote efficiency in design and reduce costs and delays that usually result from more traditional design approaches.