ESIA, EIA and SEA studies to assess the potential impacts of a project
Environmental and social impact assessment consists of a multidisciplinary approach, which combines the evaluation of the economic aspects of a project – based on cost-benefit ratios – with the environmental consequences of undertaking the project.
The activity is carried out in accordance with the HENSTE governance model, which safeguards impartiality and prevents conflict of interest situations.
- Advising on the need for Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA), Environmental and Social Impact Assessment (ESIA) and Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) and understanding of planning issues and legislative requirements
- Defining project description, sources and impacts of environmental disturbances, evaluating alternatives
- Describing the project environment, including the fauna, flora, air, soil, water, socio-economic and cultural heritage
- Assessing the nature, scoping of potential impacts (temporary and permanent, local and regional) and proposing mitigation measures based on them
- Preparing a non-technical summary of the project
- Facilitating the permitting process and public consultation.
We have extensive experience in carrying out EIA, ESIA and SEA studies. We also perform SEAs in connection with urban and regional planning.
Our experience encompasses a wide range of sectors: energy and Oil & Gas facilities, industries, wind farms and other renewable energies and infrastructures. We facilitate the assessment for international, regional and local customers, including private companies and public authorities.