A development support consultancy service is the first step that a developer should take in determining the feasibility of a potential project
Before undertaking and submitting a planning application and grid connection application, it is essential to understand the constraints, risks and impacts of a project.
Such services are required to achieve planning approval and receive a grid connection offer for renewable energy projects, to the point where a project can be considered viable for contract tendering and achieve the status of a bankable project.
An inherent advantage is gained by engaging us in your project development process since, in addition to managing the planning process, we also undertake the design of the project and produce all the necessary technical drawings required for planning.
At the first stage of the development of a project, we will review a proposed site from a technical, planning and environmental perspective, to identify site constraints and risks. Based on this, we will develop an appropriate project design / layout and calculate the potential MW capacity and yield.
Conceptual and detailed designs are critical to achieving successful high quality projects. We offer optimised conceptual and preliminary design sets, which comply with applicable codes and standards and support your issuance of project RFP packages.
- Market review: analysis, high-level business model development, strategy and planning
- site selection: site identification and characterisation of power generation and consumption
- site lease and permit reviews
- grid connection: initial DNO applications, including single line diagrams (SLDs)
- initial assessment of grid connection options / offers and formalisation of grid connection contract agreement variations
- commercial assessment: review of applicable ESS services for the operators and suppliers of the electricity network with high level service modelling
- concept design: project sizing, preliminary design and layout optimisation
- yield studies: irradiation review and indicative yield modelling
- technology review & introductions: review of key technologies, reviews of- and introductions to suppliers and contractors.
Thanks to an extensive experience as a global engineering consultancy company for the renewable energy market, HENSTE has valuable know-how concerning the design and review of entire PV plant technical projects. Customers will benefit from a multi-disciplinary team of senior engineers with expertise in utility-scale PV plants.