Full grid integration studies and system studies in compliance with the relevant national grid codes and standards, throughout the various project development stages
Depending on the country where the power plant is installed, the grid interconnection requirements can vary significantly.
Whether it is full grid impact studies in developing energy markets or grid code compliance studies in Europe, HENSTE team understand the needs of project developers, owners, network operators and investors, and can recommend scope and depth of the study required at various stages of project development.
Using state of the art simulation software (such as DigSILENT Power Factory), we can perform full grid integration studies and system studies in compliance with the relevant national grid codes and standards.
Depending on the local electricity system’s operator requirements, grid integration and compliance studies may form part of a wider scope. Topics covered and assessed as part of a grid study typically include the following:
- load flow studies
- fault level studies
- contingency analysis
- transient stability analysis
- voltage Fluctuations (ER-P28 or IEC61000-3-7
- harmonic assessments (ER-G5/4-1 or IEC61000-3-6)
- grid availability studies.
We offer grid connection analysis and compliance studies for renewable generators (such as PV plants or wind farms) including the following:
- full grid connection impact studies
- grid code compliance studies
- availability and curtailment studies
We also offer design, management and independent due diligence for grid connections:
- connection infrastructure design and design reviews
- PPA and contract review, management and negotiation studies
- specifications and tendering
- due diligence.